I searched the Internet for recipes for the glorious treats, but the ones I found had way too many ingredients and more steps than I wanted to follow. One day I decided to make my own, bulk them up a little, and I only used 3 ingredients.
In order to make this recipe gluten free, be sure to use certified gluten free ingredients. In the photos you will see I used crunchy peanut butter. This was because of Hurricane Irma and the fact that the store was out of creamy peanut butter. Apparently people prefer creamy peanut butter over crunchy in their Hurricane Emergency bags.
I like quick and easy, semi-healthy, treats and this is one of them. Makes about 6, 2"x2" treats.
- Microwave safe bowl (used to mix ingredients and set treats. I used a basic plastic, square storage container)
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups peanut (of your choice)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats/quick oatmeal (uncooked)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Put the peanut butter in the microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, stirring every 10 seconds.
- Add oats and raisins and mix until completely coated with peanut butter
- Once mixed, smooth mixture in the bowl until even
- Put in refrigerator and let set for about 2 hours
- Once set cut into squares & enjoy